Nice Cream! Its a no lactose, no sugar, no animal product ice cream you can make in about 5 minutes. It’s virtually fool proof and all over the internet right now.
Here is a quick step-by-step of a Blueberry nice cream I threw together after our blueberry picking adventure. I had some bananas sliced and frozen in the freezer already, but if you don’t never fear! Next time you have brown bananas ready to turn, peel, slice and stick them in the freezer. They’ll be ready to turn into nice cream when the craving strikes!
I use a food processor to make my nice cream, simply because it’s easier than using the nutribullet. If you have a high powered blender that can handle pureeing frozen fruit, feel free to use it.
- 2 sliced frozen bananas.
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.
- 1/4 cup coconut cream.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pinch salt.
1. Blend frozen bananas, blueberries and coconut cream in food processor or high-powered blender until smooth.
2. Add vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Process until combined.
3. Taste. Add more blueberries or a dash of coconut cream if desired, and blend to combine.
4. Pour into freezer-safe pan or container. Top with more fresh blueberries and coconut flakes if desired. Freeze overnight. (I used parchment in my pan only because this is also my garlic roasting pan and I wanted to ensure there was no transfer of flavor. It also makes it very easy to lift the nice cream out of the pan for serving, but it is totally optional!)
Serving Suggestion: About two hours before consuming nice cream, move from freezer to refrigerator. This allows the nice cream to slowly soften without melting.