These crispy curry chickpeas are incredibly addictive and so easy to make. Cook them in the air-fryer for 15-20 minutes, and snack away! Trust me, you won’t be able to put them down.
Note: If you buy something using links in this post, we may receive a small commission. This helps support Edible Ink in our quest to bring you high-quality free recipes and foodie travel tips.
Canned VS Dried Chickpeas
For ease with this recipe, I love using the economical and readily available can of chickpeas. There won’t be much of a difference in the final product if you decide to work from the dried option. Here is our recipe on how to properly soak and cook your chickpeas if you would like to take this route.
How To Enjoy
These crispy curry chickpeas are a fabulous protein packed snack, but also can make an excellent addition to any salad or meal prep. For added crunch, use these chickpeas in our recipe for this delicious Quinoa Butternut and Kale Salad.
Meal prepping is an amazing way to cut down in time and cost for your meals. Having everything prepped ahead of time will leave you with a sense of ease knowing there isn’t much work to do. Here is a great Beginners Guide To Meal Prepping.
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Strainer
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- 1 Sheet Pan If using oven.
- 1 Sheet Parchment Paper If using oven.
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 390 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas under cool water.
- Place chickpeas in mixing bowl with all ingredients and mix.
- Once incorporated, place the chickpeas in air fryer. If using the oven, place them on a parchment paper covered sheet pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, jostle them around, then cook for another 5-10 until browned and crispy. They will crisp up as they cool.
- Taste for salt and add lemon juice if desired.